Thursday 28 January 2010

This is wrestling

It's all fake, innit? When Mick Foley sacrificed his ear to save his life - that was fake. When Jeff Hardy went got thrown off a ladder and through a table - that was fake. When Christopher Daniels fell from the steel asylum - that was fake. When Vader broke Joe Thurman's back - that was fake. When Chris Benoit killed his wife and kids, then killed himself - that was fake. Yeah, yeah, wrestling is fake. Well, it depends on what you mean by fake. The violence may be choreographed, the winner predetermined, but the injuries and the pain that these athletes put themselves through is not.
I'm from Britain, and it must be said that wrestling fans in the UK are usually adolescent hormone factories who jizz their pants on the sight of some side-boob. That was me a decade ago - I thought wrestling was fake bullshit back then.
Since then I've earned my Masters' degree and have nearly written my PhD thesis - the more educated I get, the more I appreciate professional wrestling.
This blog is about wrestling; I'll admit it, I'm obsessed with wrestling. I'm not going to justify myself on this. This blog is intended to be my little contribution to the world of pro wrestling. My intention is to review new wrestling and classic matches.
I'm not a sports journalist, and I find most writing about wrestling as dull as a dead fart. Hopefully, I'll bring something different to the mix - but don't hold your breath.

No comments: