Friday 8 June 2012

TNA Slammiversary X - predictions

Bobby Roode versus Sting for the TNA World Heavyweight championship.

- I predict that Bobby Roode will win this match through shenanigans. Their last few matches were very good, so this will be a great main event.

Christopher Daniels and Kazarian versus A.J. Styles and Kurt Angle for the tag titles.

- I’m not sure who will win this match. You’d expect that this match would be the time for Kazarian and Daniels to get their comeuppance. However, it feels as though the story isn’t at the point of climax yet, so I will go with Daniels and Kaz to win.



Jeff Hardy versus Rob Van Dam versus Mr. Anderson – Winner becomes numbers one contender.

- I feel like I have seen this match, or a version of it, a dozen times. Honestly, I don’t want to see any of these three in the number one contender position. Has the potential to be a train-wreck match. I predict Jeff Hardy will win.



Joseph Park versus Bully Ray

- This may be the most intriguing match on the card. I can’t wait to see how this plays out, especially as Abyss has vowed to return. It would be great if Abyss does in fact have a brother, and that it really is him in the ring with Ray. I can see a strange ‘split personality’ angle coming, which might be horrible. Otherwise, I can Park being taken out on a stretcher after losing the match, for Abyss to run out and take out Ray... It’s very difficult to predict a winner on this one, but I’m going to go with Bully Ray.

Gail Kim versus Miss Tessmacher for the Knockouts title

- With another Brooke on TV, it seems that Tessmacher has been forced to go back to being Miss again. I predict Gail Kim will win.

Austin Aries versus Samoa Joe

- This has the potential to be a hell of a match. It would have made more sense if the X Division title was on the line, but hey. As it’s a non-title match, I can see Joe winning.

Devon and Garrett Bischoff versus Robbie E and Robbie T

- I’m quite convinced that no matter how hard they try, Garrett Bischoff will never get over as a babyface. This match will probably be horrible. Devon is by far the best worker in this match, but he can’t possibly carry three people. I predict Devon and Garrett will win.

Crimson has issued an open challenge to anyone

- This could be interesting, perhaps we will see the return of Joey Ryan, the debut of Chris Masters, or Christian in action (though I doubt the latter). If it is Chris Masters, I can see Crimson getting his first loss, but against anyone else, Crimson will win.



Kid Kash vs. Hernandez

- I’m not really sure what to make of this, but I assume Hernadez will win.



The first inductee into the TNA Hall of Fame

At present, this should only be one of three people: Jeff Jarrett, A.J. Styles or Sting. Judging by the A.J storyline, I doubt very much that it will be him. So Sting or Jarrett. Personally, I’d like to see Jarrett back (ideally with his MMA gimmick!). However, a more likely thing will be that Christian will be the one honoured - a great way to make TNA look like a second-tier company.

No comments: