Wednesday 28 July 2010

WWE: My 2 Cents (2) by Matt Dunn

Okey dokey. Matt Dunn back here running down some thoughts about WWE.

RAW
*John Cena/Chris Jericho. It's nice to see that we are revisiting this feud. You have Cena, who loves the fans. And you have Jericho who calls us "parasites" and what not. So, polar opposites here. Good job, WWE! Now, I also like the fact that the "GM" put these guys in a tag team. That's Paul Heyman type booking, two guys who hate each other put in a tag team. Heck, WWE (then F) even put Stone Cold and Shawn Michaels together when they HATED each other and they won the tag titles that way. ECW did it with Raven and Dreamer. That's one of my favorite feud building devices---two guys who hate each other forced to work together.

*"Team RAW/Cena" Heck, I love the fact that the entire "Team RAW" Summerslam team is pretty much bickering with each other. That is fantastic! That's old school booking there. You have a team that is more or less fighting for their survival against the Nexus and they can't get along. Veddy interesting!I also hope it leads to a John Morrison heel turn. After he gets done with Truth, he should move on to Evan Bourne.

*The Miz. This is getting interesting. I like that he is having trouble to cash in the MITB unlike all previous years winners that seem to win every time they cash it in. Hopefully, it doesn't make Miz look like a choke artist in the long run. Very thin line there.

*Nexus: They showed great unity despite the fact that Otunga is still green as grass. Barrett should probably hold a title by next year.

*Randy Orton looked strong as usual, dispatching the yawnful Uso twins. If he doesn't get another title run by year's end, it's a shame.

Smackdown:

*Rey/Swagger:I'm glad they ended Rey's reign. I just don't buy him as a WHC. Sorry. I'm also glad they didn't put the belt back on Swagger. They just messed up his reign by jobbing him too much. Hopefully when he gets it back they'll know better.

*Kane/WHC:Kane deserves a reign after all his years of loyalty. It'll probably be short but that's okay. It's longer than the last one. I wasn't too much a fan of the promo because, well, long promos bore me.

*Midcard:I'm feeling a little better about Drew McIntyre. A Matt Hardy/Christian feud would be great. It'll be a little wink to the Attitude era.

*Kofi/Cody:Who is up for Kofi's title? Cody? I don't know, Cody's new gimmick could either be epic or show up on wrestlecrap.com. We'll have to wait and see.

NXT

*Not much to note because I don't watch it that much. What I did see was Percy Watson's match. You may love or hate his gimmick but he did show athleticism.

Superstars

*Goldust still manages to bust his rump despite having to job regularly.

*Zack Ryder is actually not doing too bad. Lord help me, I said it. Not fantastic but decent.

*Evan Bourne and Yoshi Tatsu are solid. They shouldn't be higher than US level though. They aren't there. If it was 2003, they would be competing for the Cruiserweight belt.

"Meh"

*I still can't stand Laycool. They just irk the heck out of me.

*I can still take or leave the Usos.

Until next time, see ya.

Matt Dunn

No comments: