Tuesday 13 July 2010

Clown's Victory Road 2010 predictions revisited


So, let's take a look at my predictions, and how well I called it...


TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Mr. Anderson vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Abyss vs. (c) Rob Van Dam

RVD, obviously. Although I hope we find out who Abyss' 'They' are.
Nailed it. 1:0.

CHALLENGE MATCH
Ric Flair vs. Jay Lethal

Lethal, obviously. Match will be shit. Or (hopefully) a Sting v Jarrett style beatdown.
Nailed it. 2:0. The match was way better than I expected though.

CONTENDERS BATTLE
#10 Kurt Angle VS #8 “The Pope” D’Angelo Dinero

Angle, obviously. It should be match of the night though.
Nailed it, 3:0

STEEL CAGE MATCH
Matt Morgan vs. Hernandez

Does anyone still give a fuck about this angle? It feels like it's been dragging on for months. I really don't give a shit who wins. I'll flip a coin and say Hernandez.
Nailed it, 4:0

ULTIMATE X MATCH FOR THE X CHAMPIONSHIP
Kendrick vs. (c) Douglas Williams.

With Doug getting battered by Kendrick for weeks, and losing to one of Generation Me this week, I'm gonna go with Doug to win. There's no point having him lose to a nobody just before he loses the title, it would make Kendrick's victory look cheap, and lessen the impact of him being champ.
5 and 0 baby, 5 and 0.


TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Beer Money vs. The Motor City Machineguns

MCMG. They deserve a title run, they've been going for years and haven't had the gold yet. Beer Money are good, and they were good champions, but I think people have seen enough of them in the Tag Title picture right now - we need something new.
That's 6. Time to get the cigars out.

TNA KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP
Angelina Love vs. (c) Madison Rayne

Angelina. I can't see them firing her, she's one of the best knockouts around. I kinda wish she'd rejoin the Beautiful People though, she's much more interesting as a heel.
7:0.

Ray vs Devon vs Jesse

Jesse to win. Almost certain he'll pin Bubba. Again.
I was off on this one. Didn't see Bubba screwing Devon - if anything, I thought it'd be the other way round. 7:1.

AJ and Kaz vs ???

Since this was set up by Flair, it would be stupid if their opponents were tougher than them, so I'm gonna go with AJ and Kaz. Also - who the fuck could beat AJ and Kaz except like Joe and Wolfe or something? Potentially an awesome match depending on who their opponents are - AJ & Kaz could make a fucking great tag team.
8:1. Not a bad score, all told :)


No comments: