Monday 12 July 2010

That Clown from Outta Town - Victory Road 2010

So, I just found out I'm getting laid off from work. But on the plus side, I can watch a quick match from Victory Road before I go in today and not give a fuck if it makes me late ;)

00:42 - Absolutely nobody thinks Abyss will win the main event, but they've been pushing him like crazy and he has Hogan and (apparently) Dreamer wanting him to be a big deal in TNA...maybe they'll actually put the strap on him. I'll be very surprised if RVD doesn't retain though.
03:15 - Woo, Dougie :D Doug to win by taking down the X, despite not being a high flyer and his 'fear of heights'.
06:00 - Doug's on great form
12:10 - Damn, that looked brutal
14:44 - Doug retains, fucking awesome match - so good to see them actually give a match the time it needs, Doug was great and I was pretty impressed with Kendrick too :)

Ok, I'd better get to work...I guess I'll add the rest later.

Right, back...decided to edit this post rather than do a new one with the rest of the show on it.

19:03 - Bubba is so good on the mic - loving his heel turn too, 3D are some of the best heels in wrestling - Devon staying face is kind of a wild card though...this match should be interesting :)
25:53 - Sigh, another match interrupted by Dreamer...and the fans are chanting ECW which is now owned be WWE. Fucking tards.
27:54 - Here comes Devon - he doesn't look happy...
28:41 - Whoa, Bubba turned on Devon, didn't see that coming
29:00 - And gets the win too :)
31:10 - Knockouts...I get the feeling I ought to fast forward, but I'll give it a shot
40:46 - The match was pretty good, but it was the dumbest ending to a match I've seen in a long time
42:14 - What the fuck is this Anderson promo?
44:10 - Jesus christ, he's still talking...he hasn't said anything either interesting or amusing...
44:39 - AJ & Kaz v ???, looking forward to seeing who their opponents are
46:21 - FUCK YEAH SAMOA JOE FUCK EM UP JOE
46:24 - Oh yeah, and Rob Terry...not like he'll be a factor though
49:33 - I love it when he does that :)
56:23 - Fucking awesome match...even Rob Terry was good in that one...and looks like they might be setting up for a Wolfe v Joe feud...that will be fucking awesome if it happens. Shame Joe lost, but the whole match from beginning to end was great.
58:34 - I prefer creepy Abyss to goofy Abyss.
59:09 - Morgan v Hernandez coming up...not hugely excited for this one, I'm sure this'll be the worst match of the night. This or the main event. Maybe they'll prove me wrong, I hope they do...
64:38 - Sign saying 'Matt Morgan = Bathroom Break' :)
69:18 - Carbon footprint to the top rope :) That was nice.
73:10 - That Border Toss'll be on Botchamania.
73:29 - And that one.
72:20 - That looked painful...faceplant from the top of the cage
75:37 - Morgan handcuffs Hernandez so he can't escape the cage...except, he handcuffs him RIGHT NEXT TO THE DOOR. What a fucking spaz.
76:00 - Wow, that was pretty cool...broke the cuffs and dived through the door. Except the door wasn't locked, so he could've just stepped through...still looked cool though I guess. The match was better than I though it'd be, after the 5 straight minutes of both guys just throwing each other at the cage and not doing any wrestling.
78:00 - Flair v Lethal next...actually, this will probably be the lowpoint of the evening.
79:28 - Flair just threatened to beat Lethal so bad he'll need his mum to breastfeed him back to health...WTF
81:58 - I hope there's another hilarious Flair impression before the match :)
99:30 - Wow, that was a really good match. Flair looked great, Lethal had a good match too.
102:50 - Tag title match :) Fuck em up, MCMG
122:37 - Fuck yeah, MCMG win the belts finally :) Great match too, it started kinda slowly then suddenly it just went up a gear and was awesome from then till the finish. Sabin in particular was on fire.
123:38 - Woop, Kurt's up...Pope's gonna get battered. With the quality of the PPV so far, this match ought to kill.
141:40 - Good match, almost old school - lots of hold/counterhold stuff. Not as spectacular as I was expecting, but pretty decent nonetheless.
143:27 - Wow, RVD just talked about his opponents instead of himself in a promo...you don't see that every day :)
145:10 - This match might actually be ok, the rest of the card has been way better than I expected.
155:40 - I wonder if anyone will ever actually get hit with Abyss' 'girl'? Probably not, unless Foley comes back.
158:07 - That kick looked brutal...think he might have actually KO'd him
158:53 - Nope, he's up...damn that looked good though
159:24 - That was nice...triple suplex by Abyss from the turnbuckle
164:37 - Pretty good match actually, all four guys did well...I think we're gonna see RVD v Abyss at the next PPV.
165:36 - And the post match beatdown...

Pretty good PPV, exceeded my expectations. AJ & Kaz v Joe & Big Rob was match of the night for me, but it was all pretty good - even the matches that looked crap on paper were good. Let's hope some of the awesome rubs off on this week's iMPACT.

No comments: