Friday 23 July 2010

That Clown from Outta Town - iMPACT July 22nd 2010


iMPACT time again.

This week, I'm hoping that a Wolfe/Joe feud develops (even if it means John Terry is involved). I'm also looking forward to the Guns v Beer Money match, and finding out what's going on with the ECW angle - I'm concerned it's going to be shit, so something to put my mind at ease would be nice. I hope the Angle v Hernandez match is good.

And, as always, I hope they start with wrestling.

0:28 - HOLY SHIT SABU IS COMING TO TNA, during Abyss promo at the start there's like a 0.5 second clip of him doing a chair-legdrop thingie! FUCK YEAH
0:32 - Also, it looks like the TNA guys is 'them'...but that makes no sense because they jumped Abyss last week...probably best not to think about it.
2:24 - Sweeeeeet, Joe's gonna fuck up Matt Hardy tonight :D
2:44 - AJ v Rob Terry for the Global title...AJ's clearly gonna win, then. Shame, I liked AJ and Kaz as a tag team, I was hoping that would become a regular thing.
5:23 - Haha, AJ just hit Terry in the abs and sold it like he hurt his hand...awesome.
8:18 - I'm glad to see AJ with gold again, but he really shouldn't need outside interference to win against Rob Terry.
10:00 - Whoo, Foley :D
12:20 - Knockouts, fast forwarding...oh wait, it's a tag match....I'll give it a shot
14:32 - 'Audentifee' will be on Botchamania...it's 'identity', Earl.
17:33 - I really ought to stop giving the knockouts a chance.
20:30 - It's a shame they only brought in the most iconic ECW names, not the best. If the invasion was Tajiri, Super Crazy, Kid Kash and Mikey Whipwreck, for example, how awesome would that be?
23:54 - The Angle v Hernandez match is a lot more Hernandez than I was expecting.
26:07 - I don't know what that move was, but it looked brutal...
26:43 - What the fuck, HERNANDEZ is kicking out of Angle Slams now??
28:07 - Not a bad match...this angle is getting kind of losing steam now to be honest. We all know Angle is going to win each match, so with no personal feud to liven things up they're not hugely gripping. We need some suspense, or intrigue, or something.
29:49 - Nash v Jarrett - Microphone style
34:56 - FUCK YEAH SAMOA JOE KILL HIM
35:08 - Wait, what? 10-minute time limit? What the shit? If this goes to a time limit draw I'm gonna be extremely pissed off.
37:20 - For fucks sake, pitiful time limit and Jeff's walking around the ring on a meet and greet.
37:43 - THEY ARE FUCKING TALKING TO BISCHOFF ON THE FUCKING PHONE INSTEAD OF COMMENTATING ON THE MATCH JESUS CHRIST TNA DO THIS SHIT DURING THE KNOCKOUTS OR SOME SHIT NOBODY CARES ABOUT NOT FUCKING JOE V JEFF YOU FUCKING RETARDS
44:19 - I love that Powerbomb -> STF -> Crossface Joe does.
46:50 - Time limit draw. So fucking predictable. Pretty good match though, I'd like to see them meet at PPV.
47:30 - Oh, it's on again...
47:44 - And off again.
48:33 - Morgan v Anderson. Sigh.
49:03 - Just realised - they haven't mentioned what the main event is yet...kinda weird at 49 minutes in, I can only assume there's going to be some stupid bullshit happen and someone will challenge someone for a match tonight, which is luckily on the same night as nobody bothered booking a main event.
50:36 - I bet you that Morgan ends up going to kick Anderson's head into the ringpost, and Pope makes the save.
56:20 - How did that match happen and Pope didn't get involved?
57:06 - So, how come Madison gets to be champion again based on the fact that she might not have lost it during the match, but when Beer Money blatantly screw MCMG on camera TNA do nothing about it? On the same fucking episode of the show? Either the referee's decision is final even if he's wrong, or a decision can be changed based on the playback of the match. Pick one and fucking stick with it, don't just flip a coin backstage or whatever it is you're doing back there.
58:43 - Wow, that was like a 20 metre dropkick...nailed it perfectly...that was awesome.
62:45 - This match was going great, till the double ref bump. FFS.
64:09 - I don't actually mind that screwjob because it was No-DQ...but there's no need to have a ref bump, let alone two, in a No-DQ match
65:01 - Bubba in an LAX shirt :)
67:29 - RVD is way less annoying as champion with ECW stars circling in the water...
70:42 - It looks worryingly like this week's main event is, in fact, Dixie Carter and a microphone :( She's gonna take 15 minutes to say something that can probably be said in 30 seconds.
73:18 - I'm getting less sceptical about the ECW angle by the second
75:37 - Dreamer looks really orange.
79:27 - I hope someone does a run-in soon, this circle jerk is a little over the top
83:12 - Holy shit, TNA are going to do 1 night of ECW, booked by the ECW stars? FUCKING AWESOME :D And to think I was worried about this, hahaha...I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT. I really hope it's a PPV and not next week's iMPACT though.

FAKE EDIT: Just checked the website - Hard Justice is now Hard Core Justice :D I seriously cannot fucking wait, the people who said this was going to be an invasion angle had me worried, but this is going to be the best thing in TNA for years.

Everything in TNA that does not directly involve Hard Core Justice is now totally irrelevant as far as I am concerned.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw the Sabu segment and thought 'Fuck yeah! Sabu'...
Bringing in Kid Kash and Sabu would be awesome.
I hope Tommy Dreamer doesn't cry again. That was too cringy.

Chris said...

1) I want the Knockouts to make sense, I really do. Most of them seem like such sweet girls, and they really work hard with what they're given--and beyond that I'm a huge fan of ladies' wrestling--but these storylines are basically inexplicable. At least they're featuring a couple of girls that aren't the Beautiful People, right now, even if just in a supporting role.

2. Joe is one of the baddest men in wrestling, right now, and it's good that there's a national venue for him to show that off in. I can only imagine the crappy treatment he'd get in some places.

3. Angle could haul a tackling dummy to a decent match, but you are right about the lack of investment which comes with basically knowing he's going to win. Right now his matches are just a string of technically brilliant mat spots, which seems like a strange thing to complain about and yet I am. I do love that funky, side drop that Hernandez does though... any variation on Misawa's Emerald Flowsion is totally brutal.

4. Tommy Dreamer must be literally made out of love for the wrestling business.

MrColinCox said...

I think from the looks of Jeff Hardy, he was a little out of it so to speak...