Tuesday 20 July 2010

WWE: My 2 Cents (#1) by Matt Dunn


Hi all. Matt Dunn here. I guess I'll just put my thoughts on WWE at the moment. I don't catch TNA so I won't be talking about them. Here goes.

Alright, Money in The Bank was Sunday Night. From all indications, it was a pretty darn good PPV. With that being said, I think they should make up their darn minds about whether to have MITB as it's own PPV or to have it at WrestleMania every year. You can't have both, it doesn't seem as special that way. With THAT said, WWE should limit the amount of gimmick PPVs. MITB would be okay because it is similar to Royal Rumble in the fact that the competitors get a title shot. But, I don't think a Hell in a Cell (for example) PPV is necessary if you book the feuds right.

Okay, I will go ahead and put down some opinions. In no particular order.

Sheamus vs Randy Orton for SummerSlam was the right way to go. I know some people would LOVE to put the WWE strap on Evan Bourne but Orton is THE guy right now. Just listen to the pops the guy gets! Up to one week ago, I was more interested in Orton/Edge/Jericho/Bourne than the Nexus saga (more on that in a sec.)

Not putting the belt on Miz was the right thing to do. It didn't seem as predictable. I mean, for pretty much all the winners except one or two, they cashed in on the Champion pretty early on. A lot of times they were either cheap shotted before hand or just competed in a grueling match. If they hold off until Mania, fine. I don't think he should cash it in at Summerslam, perhaps Survivor Series.

I also think that Evan Bourne should take the US title off of Miz when they get to that point.

Nexus FINALLY picked up some steam for me with the announcement of the big 7 on 7 match at SummerSlam. Before, it seemed like the same old crap. Now, with the attacks on Jericho and Edge, it brought some unpredictability back. Very good.

Onto Smackdown, I am pleasantly surprised that Kane is World Heavyweight Champion. It is well deserved. Guys like Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, and Drew McIntyre presumably still have a few years left. And, we've never seen Kane vs Undertaker for a Championship where the Championship wasn't vacated and the match didn't end when Stone Cold pinned the two of them. So, that would be different.

That's all I got for now. I'll have some more opinions later.

Matt Dunn

No comments: