Monday 6 September 2010

Socko's TNA No Surrender predictions revisited

It's that time again, let's see how I did:

Velvet Sky vs. Madison Rayne

I predict Velvet will win. There will be some interference by Tara, but this will be stopped by Angelina, giving Velvet the win and reigniting the Tara/Angelina feud.

1/1 - On the money on this one. This wasn't a bad match for these two and I quite like Madison Rayne's new ring gear. Also good to see original BP back together, Velvet and Angelina are pretty witty when they're bouncing off each other in promos.

Rhino vs. Abyss

This has the postential to be a pretty nasty match. No DQ, falls count anywhere, could be messy. Abyss to win.

This match supassed my expectations. When it began, I found the backstage brawling to be a bit dull, but the rest of the match was pretty decent. I particularly enjoyed seeing Rhino run into a guard rail. Ouch!

Abyss won, that's 2/2

Douglas Williams (c) vs. Sabu

This match seems to have come from nowhere. I like Doug and Sabu in equal measures (actually, I prefer Sabu from about 13 years ago), but I think Sabu will win.

I got this one wrong, but I'm glad I was, Doug Williams is one of my favourites in TNA at the moment. This match was pretty good, some cool stuff with tables and chairs as you'd expect from Sabu, good to see this with Doug's style.

2/3

Sting and Kevin Nash vs. Jeff Jarrett and Samoa Joe

Who cares? I mean, what's going to happen? What's a stake? Who are the good guys and bad guys? What are they fighting about? Joe and Jarrett to win.

As expected, Joe and Jarrett won AND NOTHING WAS EXPLAINED OR ELABORATED UPON. Joe was on fire and stopped this one from being a stinker. Good one, Joe. My theory about this whole Sting/Jarrett feud is actually going to come to a head at Bound for Glory - I hope I'm wrong about what I think's going to happen. Hogan will come out, donning his black beard look and say that the nWo have taken over TNA, that it was all a big deception, blah blah. BFG is going to be at Dayyona Beach, the same place that Hogan turned heel and the nWo was born... I really hope I'm wrong.

3/4

A.J. Styles vs. Tommy Dreamer

Where has an I quit match come from? You don't do an I quit match on their first PPV, way to kill off a feud. The I quit match is like a last resort match after a feud has been running over a few PPVs, for fuck's sake. AJ to win, please.

Really enjoyed this match, didn't get the thing with the fork, but it was still decent. Tommy Dreamer actually seemed like a force to be reckoned with in this one and did some great submission moves with a steel chair.

AJ won, therefore 4/5

The Motor City Machine Guns (c) vs. London Brawling

Guns will probably win this, but I'd quite like to see London Brawling get the gold only for the Guns to get it back at Bound for Glory after a vicious and nasty feud over the next few weeks... this won't happen though, so I'll say Guns.

I couldn't have been more wrong. The match ended up being the Young Bucks versus MCMG. There were some crazy moves going on, and bodies were flying all over the place. My only criticism is that it wasn't as good as some of their matches in PWG.

4/6

Kurt Angle vs Jeff Hardy

Hmmm, I wonder...

This was a great match. They managed to give the match drama even though it was always going to be a squash match... or was it? In the long-run it will be, but the match was declared a no contest, me predicts some more matches over the next few week, hopefully a best of 3. I really don't want to see a 3-way for BFG.

This was the best match of the evening and should have been at the end.

This had the potential to be TNA's match of the year, quite easily, were it not for the retarded booking. Firstly, I don't recall them saying that there would be a 20 minute time limit at the start of this match. Secondly, if there NEEDS TO BE A WINNER THEN DON'T HAVE A FUCKING TIME LIMIT. After the first overtime, Bischoff adds another 5 mins (fucking pointless) then they got to the end of the time limit. Angle had been busted wide open, brother, and the medics declared that he was too injured to carry on. Bare in mind that only a few matches before a match wasn't stopped when AJ went Abdulla the Butcher on Dreamer with a fork. This is where it gets interesting. If Kurt Angle CAN'T GO ON, then in any other fighting sport (boxing/MMA/fuckning curling) Angle would lose. Fair enough, this isn't a real sport, so let's look at pro wrestling history, in Wrestlemania 4 (might be 5, one of the early ones) there was a no contest and BOTH competitors lost. Obviously you can't take away what Hardy and Angle were doing because it was awesome, but the booking was terrible. Rant over.

4/7

Mr. Anderson vs. D'Angelo Dinero

Anderson will win, just to get him versus Angle at BFG.

As predicted. The match wasn't bad, just didn't compare to the previous match. Again TNA blew its load too early.

5/8 - not bad. Fourtune swept the board.


PPV rating: ****

So, we're now on the road to Bound for Glory. I predict injuries preventing Hardy and Angle from competing for the final position, therefore, the main event will be Hardy/Anderson/Angle. This could be a smart move, here's why: Anderson could turn heel, fuck around with Angle/Hardy, say he was just being an asshole, blah blah. Then during the match, Anderson will get the pin on Hardy, but only by cheating. Angle getting the belt being the most obvious thing in the worl is swerved, and Kurt Angle wouldn't lose, he would just not win. Angle is so pissed by the screwjob/cheating that he doesn't retire. So we have Anderson getting the belt and a great feud reemerging between Angle and Anderson.

1 comment:

Huls said...

You whooped me this time - by my count, you got 5 out of 6 (not counting the phantom tag match and the match that never ended).

I would absolutely hate to see Anderson with the belt...I really think that might be the final straw.

Jeff might be in jail after this week, I think Bound for Glory is going to depend on how smart his lawyer is...he's been doing pretty well keeping him out of jail so far though.