Wednesday 1 September 2010

That Clown from Outta Town - RAW 900

Last week's RAW was pretty good, so I figured I'd check it out again.

I have a terrifying paranoia that if this continues, I'll wake up one day wearing nothing but John Cena merchandise...

ON WITH THE SHOW

0:17 - The intro still reminds me of Botchamania
0:33 - God, I miss Austin and The Rock :(
1:27 - 900 episodes...that's 1350 hours not including ads...christ, that's over 56 full days of RAW
2:58 - I saw 10 man tag and was like :( Then I saw the word 'elimination' and I was like :D
3:49 - Brett looks so tired
4:44 - Damn, his voice is all fucked too...maybe he smokes like 2 packs a day now or something
5:48 - RAW, I'm happy for you, and I'mma let you finish, but The Wire is the best weekly episodic TV show of all time. OF ALL TIME
7:12 - Kane is surprisingly eloquent nowadays...I can't be the only guy who still thinks he looks weird without the mask.
9:00 - This promo is pretty boring...waiting for the obligatory Taker music
10:14 - Was expecting Taker, got Hart Dynasty...Sigh
10:31 - WHOOMP THERE IT IS
12:18 - Brett Hart v Undertaker main event. No way is iMPACT topping this.
14:55 - Micheal McGillicutty? Any relation to Beulah?
15:09 - Holy shit, Senshi and Danielson are a tag team? Fuck yeah :)
15:17 - Who the fuck is Alex Riley?
18:33 - That was one awesome submission move from Senshi
19:01 - Senshi is probably my favourite person in the ring
19:25 - Brutal foot stomp :)
19:35 - Robbed.
20:56 - Cole's commentary is a new level of shite...I thought Don West was bad, but this is...There are no words
22:17 - Divas...fast forwarding
27:20 - Why are Nexus standing in a line, shoulder to shoulder, and having a conversation...that makes no fucking sense whatsoever. Even TNA's wobbly camera shite is better than this. WWE promos really are the worst.
32:54 - As much as I like Morrison...he really needs to lose that beard, it doesn't suit him in the least
33:53 - Truth's theme tune is still shite
35:14 - Wow, Drew McIntyre is still in it...I figured he was way to boring to be around for long
38:01 - I don't know what you call that, but I don't think 'match' is the right word. The entrances took longer than the in-ring stuff.
40:04 - As awesome as it sounds on paper, I'm not sure Brett Hart v Undertaker is going to be up to scratch. I really hope it's good, for their sakes
45:30 - This thing with the Taker music and the lights is silly
46:41 - Oh ffs, again?
46:59 - Wade Barrett has the worst finisher I've seen in a long time
47:54 - Nexus are all lined up next to each other again...it makes no sense whatsoever for them to do that
48:20 - They're just staring at him...
48:51 - That was a pretty confusing segment
50:27 - Jack Swagger :) I like Swagger
51:39 - FUCK YEAH EVAN BOURNE
53:01 - What the fuck is this shit?
55:01 - Who is this guy, is he a wrestler or is he some kind of celebrity? I have no idea
55:51 - Do you know who this guy reminds me of, when he talks? "It's-a me, Mario!"
61:37 - Sweet, CM Punk :)
62:12 - I wish Cole would just shut the fuck up
63:04 - I wouldn't go that far
68:22 - FUCK YEAH AUSTIN
68:55 - Epic trolling from CM
74:23 - Punk's promo is the best thing on the show so far (Till Big Show's interruption)
77:11 - I still can't get over Sheamus as champ
84:39 - I can't see this match ending without shenanigans
85:19 - Christ, the match couldn't even start without shenanigans
90:04 - This match is all punch punch kick kick, no real wrestling so far
95:10 - That really is a terrible finisher
95:35 - Barrett is good, it's just his finisher

Not as good as last week, but then it was a glorified clips show. Highlight was a promo, which is always a bad sign. And still better than the last 2 iMPACTs.

I'm thinking this week's iMPACT will be awesome...two shitty ones in a row usually means things will improve.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

On the whole this was a bag o'shit. Some points:

1) RAW is not the longest running episodic show. What about Coronation Street, Eastenders, Last of the Summer Wine?

2) As soon as Taker versus Hart was announced I though "how are they going to swerve this one?"

3) Punk's promo was genius. He really needs to move over to Raw.

4) They made what could have been a decent match between Swagger and Bourne virtually unwatchable with some Mexican guy coming in...

5) Kane and Undertake, Kane and Undertaker, Kane and Undertaker. This feud was shit over a decade ago.

6) Nexus has lost momentum.

7) Danielson must be the most high-profile jobber in WWE history.

8) Did I mention Punk's promo was genius, did I also mention that the Big Show ruined it?

9) So, Jericho's contract's nearly up and he's putting his career on the line... seee you in TNA Y2.0J.

10) What was the point in the tag-team contender's match?

I like it when WWE cross over brands, but on the whole it sucked really bad.

Anonymous said...

yeah man, corrie got 7,226 eps compared to 900

Huls said...

Wow, that's a lot of points...and since I'm at work with nothing to do for the next 4 hours, I can respond to them all ;)

I'm sure lots of soaps and stuff have more episodes, but they did say 'weekly'...if you add enough qualifiers anything can be the best. Socko's Review is probably the most widely read wrestling blog by Keele alumni residing on different continents...

Youre right about the Taker/Hart swerve, I should have seen it coming.

Punk's not on RAW? Damn :( I don't want to watch two WWE shows if I start watching again permanantly...Raw, Smackdown and iMPACT is like six hours a week of wrestling. And I still haven't gotten round to checking out Xplosion. And now Senshi's in NXT so I might have to start watching that. Aargh!

Yeah, I didn't get the Mexican guy, it would probably have made more sense if I'd known he was a wrestler. Bourne v Swagger has potential.

Taker v Kane is a waste of space. Who cares any more? It's about as relevant as a Sting v Jeff Jarrett feud would be...oh wait

I kinda like Nexus, better than seeing the same six faces every week for years on end. I doubt any of them other than Barrett and the 450 guy will last more than a year or so though.

Danielson and Senshi should be a tag team...instant tag champs.

Yup, Big Show completely wrecked that promo.

Y2J is one of a few ex-WWE wrestlers I actually wouldn't mind seeing in TNA, especially if he goes back to being funny instead of 'You people are all hypocritical maggots'. I'd gladly swap RVD, Hardy AND Anderson for Jericho. You can add Morrison, Bourne, Christian and Punk to that list...that's about it.

If the tag contenders match was the 3-way, there was no real point. It was like, hey look this match looks great on paper...LOL I TROLL YOU IT'S RUBBISH

Unknown said...

lots of comments here...

Anyway, the tag match I was on about was the one with R Truth/Morrison that didn't happen, but hey, there was an entrance.

As for Smackdown, I really wouldn't bother, it's still awful. It's basically a talk show.