Monday 6 September 2010

That Clown from Outta Town - TNA No Surrender 2010


In non-TNA news, I just found out Senshi won NXT - awesome. I kinda wish I'd watched it now. I hope he ends up on RAW.

I'm only really watching this to see the Doug v Sabu match, and Rhino v Abyss.

4:40 - No London Brawling :(
4:50 - FUCK YEAH GEN ME v GUNS AGAIN BUT THIS TIME IT'S PPV FUCK YES THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME
7:44 - Pretty good technical wrestling...didn't expect that tbh
17:32 - The match is pretty good. Feels a little...disjointed, can't put my finger on it. I don't know the deal with London Brawling but I'm guessing they prepared this at short notice.
19:40 - Guns win, no surprises there. The more I think about it, the more I think they just wrestled the match they were going to do with London Brawling, and added a bunch of Gen Me spots. Think about it, starting with technical wrestling is Wolfe's calling card...and then isolating a body part and working it over? Couldn't be more Wolfe if you tried.
21:35 - And that DDT off the apron is Wolfe's move, except he does it off the turnbuckle...they kept the exact same match, kept the exact same shenanigans, but just switched out the teams. It couldn't be more obvious. Decent match though, but that explains why it felt so weird to watch...it's like watching one wrestler do another's move set, it just looks weird.
26:17 - Sabu v Doug already. Talk about peaking early.
31:20 - It's No-DQ?
32:37 - Botchamania special from Sabu
33:14 - Oh, it's not No-DQ...nobody told Sabu
35:58 - Sabu fucks up again
38:03 - And fucks up the springboard
39:06 - Wow, Douggie won :) I'm guessing this'll be the start of a feud though, that was enough of a weapons match to justify a proper No-DQ
41:40 - Knockouts, fast forwarding
48:50 - Wow, Velvet won...I guess my predictions are totally fucked, I'm like 0 for 2 so far
50:19 - Now it's Rhino v Abyss...after this, it's only shit I don't care about.
50:58 - Oh yeah, we find out who 'They' are tonight...I bet it's someone shit.
52:30 - Oh wait, I got the dates wrong, we don't find out about 'They' till Bound For Glory...Rhino might win this then.
53:48 - This match is clearly going back to the ring...they wouldn't have filled it with weapons just to not use them
54:14 - Back in the iMPACT zone, surprise surprise
1:01:04 - Janice time
1:01:54 - This is way less extreme than I was expecting
1:03:43 - Game over, Abyss wins...really tame match, I was expecting blood, fire, stage dives, barbed wire, glass, thumbtacks...I got balsa wood, a tin foil dustbin and a security barrier. Kinda anti-climactic.
1:05:55 - JOE JOE JOE JOE
1:07:38 - "I think they're playing back office politics, if you know what I mean. And it's not healthy..." I really hope you're not saying what I think you're saying, Jeff
1:09:14 - I really hope Joe heel turns on Jarrett. I'm enjoying this angle, it makes no sense and I've got no idea what's going on, but for some reason I'm loving it. I guess any time you have a lot of Sting and Nash on the mic, good things are gonna happen. Joe, Sting and Nash sounds like a pretty decent faction to me.
1:10:23 - I like Jarrett's music. One of my favourite TNA themes
1:11:09 - JOE JOE JOE JOE JOE
1:11:23 - TNA doesn't have a roster, it just has a list of wrestlers Joe hasn't killed yet.
1:13:35 - FUCK HIM UP JOE
1:13:55 - Jarrett fucks up the punch...this event is gonna get its own Botchamania at this rate
1:14:33 - No iMPACT for 2 weeks :(
1:19:03 - Joe killed Sting...I still hope Nash and Sting recruit him though
1:20:10 - AJ v Tommy...I'm not sure how this is going to go down...I hope AJ wins, although if it's not a title match that basically means Dreamer will definitely win
1:32:14 - This is actually a pretty good match
1:39:58 - What the fuck is Dreamer wearing?
1:41:40 - Fucking hell that was brutal...what a fucking awesome match though, I wasn't really looking forward to this one, but wow...both guys were great
1:43:48 - Over an hour for the last 2 matches?
1:44:08 - Angle v Hardy isn't the main event? Eh?
1:49:10 - Why bother even chanting for Hardy? You're setting yourself up for a fall.
1:50:15 - Whoa, you don't see Angle pull off a powerbomb very often...he should do it more, it looked like he actually hurt him
1:52:57 - Even Hardy's fucking up tonight...
1:55:28 - The elevation on that Angle Slam was awesome
1:57:48 - Swanton from the top turnbuckle to the floor - fucking hell
2:01:39 - Kurt is kicking out of death tonight
2:07:37 - Shenanigans :(
2:08:16 - Oh god, Bischoff...why did they have to screw up this awesome match? Why not pull this shit when the Knockouts are on?
2:10:44 - Yeah, don't bother selling that leg injury Jeff
2:14:58 - This match is brilliant. Not even Bischoff getting involved can fuck it up. How the hell is Pope v Anderson going to top this? Hint: It won't
2:20:12 - 30 minute match and still no winner
2:22:14 - You have to be shitting me...Fucking Bishchoff
2:23:19 - That was absolutely fucking shocking. What an awesome match, and no winner. Fucking disgraceful, TNA.
2:26:03 - Crap promo, Pope.
2:29:21 - I feel bad for Jeff and Angle...they both put on outstanding performances, and the match will be forgotten as a Bischoff bullshit shenanigans match. FFS TNA
2:30:52 - I wouldn't be surprised if they make it a 3-way with the winner of this match, Hardy wins but doesn't pin Kurt, Kurt doesn't quit because he wasn't beaten.
2:32:55 - How can anyone care about this match after the travesty we just witnessed? Can anyone honestly say they give a fuck what happens here?
2:35:35 - Anderson stealing moves from Amazing Red...that was pretty cool
2:39:51 - Pretty boring match so far
2:45:59 - Anderson: "Block this...block it" *Pope blocks*....man this PPV has been one fuckup after another
2:46:47 - Anderson gets a title shot. Sigh.
2:47:34 - Not the greatest main event...match of the night was probably Kurt v Hardy, with AJ v Dreamer second.

Decent PPV, better than recent iMPACTs. A couple of great matches in there, no really bad ones. A few overachievers, a few underachievers. TNA once again shows that if the booking were as good as the in-ring talent, TNA would be one of the best wrestling companies of all time.

Ok, let's take a look at those predictions.

Velvet Sky vs. Madison Rayne

Nope, Velvet managed to beat the woman who single handedly retired Tara and Roxxi. WTF.

0:1

Rhino vs. Abyss

This match was a bit of a letdown. I was expecting it to be way, way more extreme - there wasn't even any blood. And when was the last time Abyss was in a No-DQ type match where he didn't use either thumbtacks, glass, or both? He did get the win, though.

1:1

Douglas Williams (c) vs. Sabu

This match was a weird one...it's like they wanted it to be No-DQ, but it wasn't...but they still used a bunch of weapons anyway. It didn't really make sense...but Douggie won, that's the main thing :)

1:2

Sting and Kevin Nash vs. Jeff Jarrett and Samoa Joe

This was a pretty decent match, Joe and Sting were particularly good. I always used to see Sting as an over-the-hill guy who was only in TNA to get a paycheck and draw a crowd with his name, but he's actually brilliant. I care about his angles even if they make no sense and I have no idea what's going on, or even who is the good guy and the bad guy. He makes it seem like it matters what happens, even when (like tonight) it really doesn't. He didn't win though...

1:3

A.J. Styles vs. Tommy Dreamer

Much better match than I expected, both guys were great, the match was brutal. I think the ending was probably the most graphic thing I've ever seen in wrestling, and I've watched no-rope barbed wire exploding ring matches. Hugely impressed with both guys. AJ won too, which is nice.

2:3

The Motor City Machine Guns (c) vs. London Brawling

Didn't happen. Rumour has it Wolfe picked up an injury and couldn't compete. The replacement match was pretty weird, it seemed like Gen Me were trying to wrestle the same match that London Brawling would have wrestled, even seeming to copy their wrestling style...seemed a bit off because of it. Anyway, doesn't count towards the predictions.

2:3

Mr. Anderson vs. D'Angelo Dinero

Match was decent enough, nothing special though. Anderson got the win.

3:3

Kurt Angle vs Jeff Hardy

Angle didn't win. It was a no-contest draw. It's a surprising result, but given how amazing the match was it's a slap in the face. Angle suffered a dislocated rib during the match when Hardy did the swanton to the floor, which makes it an even more amazing performance.

I've also found out that Hardy's next court date is this week - so we might not be seeing him for a while after this. This match was a good sendoff if he does get put away.

I'm not counting this towards the predictions, because of the stupid ending to the match. Besides, 3.5:3.5 looks ridiculous.

3:3

Overall, I was about as good at predicting this PPV as flipping a coin.

No comments: